A treasure hunt involving books – it cannot get any better than this! So here’s the deal – read the clues listed below and try to guess the book I am referring to. Leave a reply below and then hold your breath! This one is a long time favourite of my little niece and mine. The words are as beautiful as the illustration and it makes one of the best bedtime read. Guess away!
1. The illustrator of this book is a winner of the Mother Goose award and one of the writers has been honoured with Carnegie Medal. The other author is primarily a non-fiction writer.
2. This is the first in a series of three books set in faraway places.
3. The story is based on a centuries-old Chinese legend involving primates.
4. The book is set in a tiny village at the foot of the mountains and revolves around plantation workers.
5. It is a story of a daughter’s love for her mother and her desperate attempt to save her. when she falls sick.
6. A type of drink is pivotal to the story line.
I shall say no more. Already the story is spinning in front of my eyes and anything else I say about the book, will be considered a gross violation of the game rules! So I shall not mention the Queen whose taste for fine things ultimately pulls the little girl out of trouble!”