When your age is in single digits, the months at the end mean a lot. Hence, I figured it is only fair to have multiple lists from this age group. Little Aashna is four years and full six months old and decided to make her secret list of best reads, public. The interviewer Neha Oberoi Garg reported that after much deliberation, and long walks up and down her bookshelves, Aashna selected the following as her top ten:
- Knuffle bunny by Mo Willems
I like that when she looses her bunny, the whole family went to look for it.
- The Lorax – Dr Seuss
It says you can’t chop off trees.
- Star bellied sneetches – Dr Seuss
In the end the sneetches learn to not fight.
- Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmams
I like it because Madeline is not scared of anything not even tigers.
- Amelia bedelia by Peggy Parish
Amelia Bedelia is very funny.
- A Second is a hiccup by Hazel Hutchins
It told me that 60 hiccups make a minute.
- The fish who could wish by John Bush & Korku Paul
I like it because the fish can’t wish, but this fish could wish and become anything he wanted.
- Tikki tikki Tembo retold by Arlene Mosel
I liked it because the old man fishes Chang and tikki tikki tembo out and also because I become Tikki Tikki tembo and Aadi becomes Chang when you read me the story.
- Goodnight goodnight construction site by Sherry Duskey Rinker & Tom Lichtenheld
I like it because all trucks work so hard and then finally they go to sleep.
- Book with no pictures by BJ Novak
I like the monkey part of this book.