Reading interests vary and eight year old Shreshta Manikandan’s list is a perfect example. Shreshta is an avid reader but she finds chapter books too long for now. She is more inclined towards picture books and short stories. Our reporter Archana deserves a huge round of applause for not rushing her and letting her choose her own books.
- A Christmas Carol retold by Gaby Goldsack (Parragon Books)
This was the first book which I started to read independently, it said about the past present and future. How nice it would be if we knew the future in advance!
- There is no place like space by Dr.Suess
I like it because I love to learn about space. Space lovers will like it.
- Lost and Found by Oliver Jeffers
My mom gave me this book for an assignment in school. I had to write about friendship between human and animal. I came to know about Oliver Jeffers after reading this and collected all other books. I like his books because all stories are short.
- Silly story of Bondapalli by Shamim Padamsee
Simple. I like bondas and this book is about bondas!
- Paper dolls by Julia Donaldson
This is a story where a mother helps her daughter in making paper dolls. With this one, I came to know about Julia Donaldson and collected the rest. They are all simple and short.
- The bookworm by by Lavanya R. N. and Shilo Shiv Suleman
Sesha the bookworm indirectly tell us to read a book everyday.
- Days with Thathu by Geeta Dharmarajan
Simple book and I like it because I love my Thathu.
- Handa’s surprise by Eileen Browne
Handa takes fruits for her friend that the animals on the way take from her, but towards the end she finds a surprise.
- Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen
My favourite book. I read this for more than 4 times. I like the pictures in the book and also the friendly lion.
- Diary of wimpy kid by Jeff Kinney.
This is my first and biggest chapter book! I have not even completed half of the story but it looks funny and interesting. I think chapter books will also be good.
Thank you, Shreshta! And yes, you are right. Chapter books will be good too!