Ameya is an 8 years and 8 months old bookworm. And like the others of her species, she too had a tough time picking just ten books.The ones that she holds very close to her heart are:
1. Fortunately, The Milk by Neil Gaiman because it is very funny and unusual things happen in it.
2. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl as I love chocolate and the book is about making it.
3. Judy Moody & Stink by Megan McDonald – The Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Treasure Hunt by Megan McDonald because it is hilarious and I like treasure hunts.
4. You’re a Bad Man, Mr. Gum! by Andy Stanton because it is really gross and it has a dog in it.
5. The Boy in the Biscuit Tin by Heather Dyer as children solve a mystery using magic in it and I love magic.
6. The Incredible Book Eating Boy by Oliver Jeffers because I love books and the boy in it EATS books.
7. Bink & Gollie by Kate DiCamillo and Alison McGhee because it’s fun reading it and I like friends.
8.Mr. Oliver’s Diary by Ruskin Bond as I like diaries and this one is very special.
9. Esio Trot by Roald Dahl as it is about a tortoise ( starts reading the book for the nth time). I don’t know why I like this book but I really do.
10. The Naughtiest Girl is a Monitor by Enid Blyton. I like it because a girl becomes a monitor and then she gets into trouble.
Our correspondent, Ginni Rekhi, had to run away to cut the list short or else our hungry bookworm would have gone on and on. Thank you, Ameya!I love these too!